Saturday, July 4, 2015

Let Freedom Ring!

Happy Independence Day to all my American readers! This is the day that we celebrate and remember the United States of America becoming it's own nation way back on July 4th, 1776! Not sure what I will be doing this year for the Fourth as I am back on the road with the Mutana family after a two month vacation. We are currently in Fort Worth, Texas attending a week long conference. I hope I will be watching the city's big firework show. That being said, thank goodness for being able to schedule posts! While I'm busy helping with the children, attending the conference, and celebrating I can still have a post go up! ;)
When I was younger my family and I would go into town and watch the annual fireworks. How much fun it was to see those bright lights come bursting forth in the night sky! Since then I've celebrated in various ways. A few years ago my mom and step-dad hosted a big party. We had a bonfire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows. We had delicious grilled hamburgers and all kinds of yummy things which the rest of the family supplied! My step-dad and uncles took charge of the fireworks and what a show it was...right in our own back yard! In fact we had a few neighbors who "crashed" our party to come see the show! We even had people stopping in the road in front of our house! Oh and I can't forget the karaoke with patriotic songs! It was all a lot of fun.
You can read about how I celebrated The Fourth, two years ago, when I was with the Campbell's, here. Last year I celebrated the "birth" of our country in a very special way. The Mutanas had just finished a week long crusade and to wrap it up they had baptisms in a creek. We gathered to see those declaring their new birth in Christ the vary same day America proclaimed it's new "birth" as nation! What an awesome time that was! 
For several years my mom and I have decorated our house to celebrate. However we don't decorate just for the Fourth of July but, for what I like to call, the whole "patriotic season". From Memorial Day until Independence Day we put out flags, bunting, and bows in the beautiful patriotic colors of red, white, and blue! My mom also likes to put up little displays of various patriotic/American themed items. Speaking of which here are a few photos I took last year of the decorations outside.
I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day celebrating our nation! That being said let's not forget to pray for our nation and it's leaders. Please join me in praying that our nation will be revived into the Christian nation it once was! God can do it if we will seek His face and pray!
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14~
Do you have any traditions to celebrate Independence Day?
What are you doing this year to celebrate?
If you aren't from the US, does your country have a day to celebrate your nation?
Do you like fireworks?
Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~




6 comments:

  1. Of course we love fireworks :) Haha. This year is the third year I've celebrated the 4th in a coastal NC town called Southport. Live music, good food, good fun.

    Super pictures!

    Ireland from Ireland Rhea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like lots of fun! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I hope you had a good Independence Day with the Mutanas, Sarah! :) It sounds like you've had varied and enjoyable past celebrations. And imagine that - a neighborhood famous firework display! :)
    Our family doesn't have any traditions - there's always something different! This year we went for a walk, I visited my best friend at her celebration and we went for a drive/outfit shoot, and a couple of friends came over in the evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige, I did have a good day! Haha! Yes I guess you could call it a famous firework display! It sounds like you had a lot of fun too!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~