Monday, March 16, 2015

Vintage Finds~ "Mystery" Box

Hello lovelies! Hope you are all well! I'm doing great but am realizing that my blog has been filled with updates on my life and travels. I've been wanting to do a vintage themed post for quite some time! After all my blog is titled, "All Things Vintage"! ;) So without further ado I would like to present one of my vintage finds...well actually my mom found it! This pretty pink "mystery" box.
While at a flee market, a few years ago, my mom walked up to me with this lovely pink box. I thought she was showing me the box because she new I would like it, instead she said, "I got this for you!" I was so thrilled to have this lovely box in my possession! Thank you Momma, for my wonderful gift! =D I love the neat oval shape of it, the rope handle, and the best part...the black lace design printed on the box. I also though it was neat because it includes what I assume is the brand name, Lyric, and that it was from Sears, Roebuck and Co. 
Both my mom and I believe it is a hat box of some sort because of the phrase written on the box, "Fashions crowing touch." Although it is an odd shape for a hat box. I went to the web to research it, but alas I was unsuccessful in finding any results! :( So it remains a mystery! Who knows exactly what this pretty box might have carried. Also not sure about it's date. I know it must be vintage since it was around the 1970's that Sears, Roebuck and Co. shortened it's store name to just Sears. 
It's nice to think that at one time it belonged to some elegantly dressed lady from the 50's and it contained one of her pretty half hats. Maybe it contained a beautiful pair of elbow length gloves. Perhaps within this pink box was a young ladies make up supplies! Now it stores various thing of mine, special treasures and random bits. Hope you enjoyed this little treasure my mom found for, I believe, $5! What a deal! 
All the above images are from Google.
Have you ever seen a box like this?
Do you have any idea as to what might have been in the box?
What is your favorite part about it, the pink color, the "lace", etc?
Please leave your comments below!
Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

All photos copyright by, "All Things Vintage". Unless otherwise stated.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What a pretty box! I assumed it was a hat box because of the "crowning touch" phrase too! Flea market finds are always so exciting! I'd have to say my favorite part about this box is the lid. It has a little of everything. The brand, the store, the slogan, the pink, the lace, etc. (Obviously I couldn't decide what I liked the most.)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~