Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Vintage Finds~ Autograph Pup

Hi there! Time again to share another vintage find! I hope you are excited because I can't want to tell about this adorable find! I would like to introduce you to Pierre, my "French" puppy! ;) I found this cute little autograph dog at a flea market/antique store while on a family vacation. At least I think that's where I got it!  
Isn't he just adorable?! With his cute smile, red beret, and the little bear on it. I simply love the look of this autograph dog! When I found this treasure I knew I had to have it right away! I'm not sure how much it was but I'm sure it wasn't more then $10. I don't like to spend lots of money on things! I'm very frugal, thrifty, wise with my money! ;)
I couldn't get over how well it's condition was. Except for a few holes and some discoloration it is pretty much in perfect condition! I only wish it had a tag so that I could research it a bit more. My guess it that it's from the late 50's or early 60's, but that is totally a guess! Just curious as to why it was never signed?! Would love to know the story behind it! Well hope you enjoyed yet another vintage find! 

Are you familiar with autograph dogs?
What do you think is the reason it was never signed?
How do you think I should go about researching it?
Please leave your comments below!
Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

All photos copyright by, "All Things Vintage".


11 comments:

  1. That is incredibly cute! Love the bright red beret! I am familiar with the idea of autograph animals but I have only seen modern ones.

    Just recently found your blog. It is interesting. I followed and am looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your enjoying my blog! Thanks for following!!!

      Delete
  2. This is just too cute! I remember when I was a child I had something similar.... I think it was a bear :) Have a fabulous day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a lovely day too, Stephanie!

      Delete
  3. I have never seen an autograph dog, it is quite amusing though!! Hmmm...I wouldn't know where exactly to start research, excect by starting on Google, which you've probably already tried a few times yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! Glad I could share something new and different with you, Jill!

      Delete
  4. Never heard of one of those!!! Maybe it was given to a child, but the child died so it was never used. Lol, I don't know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's neat that I can introduce something new to you too, Keturah! Hmm...that's an interesting thought although quite sad! At least now it has a happy "ending" with me! ;)

      Delete
  5. This is cute! He reminds me of my little dachshund, haha! ;)
    I've never seen one before, but it does remind me of the 50's and 60's. I did a Pinterest search on "autograph dog" and saw a little scottie dog one from the mid century. Maybe you could search Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Glad I can show you something you've never seen before! It seems this really was quite a find considering, there are those who have never heard or seen an autograph dog! Thanks for the advice about Pinterest; never thought if that!

      Delete
  6. Sarah, I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. If you would like to accept follow this link:
    http://createdbythecreated.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-liebster-award-again.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~