Friday, May 30, 2014

Another Adventure!

Hello dear readers! If you read this post then you know that I mentioned a trip that I'm getting ready for. Well I wanted to wait and share about this trip after I finished my "Adventure in Tennessee" series, but I couldn't wait any longer! So here it is, drum roll...I'm soon going all the way across the country, to Washington state, to be a nanny for the Mutana family for at least six months! I first met Pitana and Nadia while up in Tennessee, they came to visit the Campbell's while traveling across the country to preach and minister. Nadia and Pitana are both from Rwanda, Africa but now live in the U.S. and Canada. They are now missionaries here in the states and travel, with their four children, preaching the gospel and speaking at various places. 
Just a few weeks ago I got a call from Nadia asking if I would consider being their nanny; they are about to start a crusade in Washington and she really needed the extra help, especially since she is expecting her fifth child in August. She had been praying for months for God to send her a nanny and one day God gave her my name! I pretty much knew this was God's open door for me but told Mrs. Mutana that I would prayerfully seek God's wisdom. It wasn't to long before we talked again and I told her that I knew this was what I wanted to do, but more important, what God wanted for me. I quickly booked my flight to Seattle and started getting things in order. 
Not only will I be traveling to Washington but I will also accompany the Mutanas to Canada when the baby is due. I am still anxiously waiting on my passport, as I will need it to get into Canada. I'm super excited to be going on another great adventure! I will be getting to fulfill two dreams that I have had since I was little; flying on a "big" plane and going to another country. Most of all, I am thankful to God for this amazing opportunity to serve Him in helping the Mutana family. They were such a joy and blessing to me when I met them in Tennessee and I'm thrilled to be a part of their lives again! Since I came home from TN it seemed has if every door was closing for me; I was getting quite discouraged and wondering what God wanted me to do next. If you read this post then you know that waiting on God's timing is something that I struggle with. However I kept on trusting in Him and now He has blessed me with this amazing experience. God is so incredibly good! I will have internet excess but I'm sure I will be busy; will try to keep you updated while I'm there.
Ever been on a plane?
Traveled outside of the country?
Do you have a passport?
Please leave your comments below!
Love in Christ,
~Sarah~


6 comments:

  1. what?! AWESOME! what an adventure you are going to have, something i could only dream about. i look forward to hearing all about it. love how you included the vintage pictures.
    i'll be praying for you as you serve that family and our Lord.

    ~Abigail
    http://sweetergetsthejourneyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abigail, for your sweet comments and you prayers! Haha...yes I have to get vintage somewhere in my posts! ;)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Sarah, what an awesome opportunity! :D Even though you're busy, I really hope that you are able to keep us updated. It would be lovely to hear what you are up to on your nanny adventure! You will be in my prayers. :)
    I've never been on a plane of any kind, nor been to a foreign country or had a passport. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for you prayers, Paige! Will try my hardest to keep y'all updated at least once a week. ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh and it's crazy for me to think I'm will have a passport, go to a foreign country, and ride in a plane! Still amazed by all of that! =D

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~