Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Wink, Blink, Jump!"

Hello lovelies! I've been wanting to write so many posts this week but I've been having too much fun playing with my little niece, Kiley.  She came to stay for a few days with her Grandma and Aunt Sarah! We did a lot of fun things together like having an impromptu tea party, playing hide n' seek, watching movies, and playing fairies/princesses/anything else that would pop into her head! Another fun activity we did was to get out the chalk and draw all over the driveway. The past couple of days the weather has been very pleasant with sunshine and warm temps{the high for today was 82} which made it a perfect time to be outside!
I had a lot of fun taking photos of Kiley; look at the concentration on her face! She didn't even notice I was taking photos. ;)
One of several mermaids she drew...this one being a mermaid ballerina!
Kiley wasn't the only one to get in on the creative{and slightly messy} act of chalk drawing! The top left picture is of some mermaids my mom drew and the two pics. at the bottom are some drawings I did. The bottom right being a "portrait" of Grandma, Aunt Sarah, and Kiley! ;)
The colors in my chalk rainbow are so bright and cheerful! It's a shame the colors won't last forever. :(
Of course when one is chalk drawing one has to play hopscotch! I loved playing this old fashioned game with my niece; she delighted in being able to jump on one foot!

It's funny how a simple piece of chalk can bring giant smiles to faces of all ages; each colorful stroke adds to the cheerful pictures on the pavement. The whole time I was drawing I thought about that delightful scene in Mary Poppins when Bert, Mary Poppins, and the children step through Bert's lovely chalk drawings. If you were wondering were the title for this post came from it's from that scene; Bert is trying to jump in the chalk picture but can't so Mary Poppins has to do it. That is actually my favorite scene in the whole movie...sorry I couldn't find the entire clip!



How long as it been since you drew with chalk on your driveway? What's your favorite scene from Mary Poppins? Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~





2 comments:

  1. How fun to spend time chalk drawing with your sweet niece! :) I don't know that I've ever chalk drawn in my driveway (actually I might have in the parking lot of the old apartment we lived in), but we do chalk drawing every year at our church's Vacation Bible School. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet chalk drawing with all those children for VBS is a lot of fun! Do you help teach the children each year?

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~