Sunday, April 13, 2014

What I Wore~Sunday Style{30's Inspired}

Hello! Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday. This morning's church service as left me full of praises to my Savior Jesus Christ for all that He did on the cross that I{and all who believe in Him} might receive eternal life! Several weeks back in this post here, I mentioned that I wanted to show you how I styled my houndstooth check cardigan in a 1930's inspired outfit. Well here it is!
Note my neighbor's pretty cherry tree in the background...thanks neighbors for the lovely back drop!
One of the things listed on my 104 list was to wear a pair of vintage gloves. I have to admit, I didn't actually wear these to church as I only thought about them afterwards when doing the photo shoot! ;) But they definitely give my outfit more of a polished 1930's look. 

My outfit is reminiscent of the pretty suits ladies would wear when they went to shop, go to an appointment, to church, etc. The only thing I'm missing is a cute little hat! The big collar and buttons on my cardigan as well as my long maxi-skirt lend to the 30's feel.

Of course no 1930's inspired outfit would be complete without a pair of oxford heels. These are probably my favorite pair of shoes!
I wasn't quite sure how to pose with my gloves when I wasn't wearing them. ;) You can see my new earrings given to me by one of my sweet friends. It was so thoughtful of her{you know who you are!}; she remembered that I love wearing screw-back earrings since my ears are not pierced. 
Cardigan: thrifted; $4.00
Black turtle-neck: thrifted; $5.00
Maxi-skirt: H&M{via Goodwill}; $2.00
Tights: gift; free
Oxfords: Sears; $20.00{although they were purchased with Christmas money...so kinda' free ;)}
Gloves{vintage}: yard sale; borrowed from Mom
Screw-back earrings{vintage}: gift from friend; free

How was your Sunday? 
Do you ever wear vintage inspired outfits?
What are some of your favorite time periods to re-create? 
Own a pair of oxford heels?  
Please leave your comments below!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1,2 KJV

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

Linked up to...


14 comments:

  1. Lovely oxfords--they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i love those shoes!! they understand they can really make an outfit distinctly vintage looking. your jacket/cardigan is also great. it does remind me of 30s ladies, but if you wanted, it could probably easily double as a 60s look as well. Lovely cherry tree :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's funny you mentioned that because I actually talk about my cardigan having a 1960's look to it in another outfit post, although I didn't style it that way. Be sure to check out the post; here's the link;
      http://allthingsvintage-sc.blogspot.com/2014/03/what-i-wore-sunday-style.html

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit! The shoes and gloves are amazing! I really like that the houndstooth cardigan is black and gray. I've only ever seen black and white houndstooth. Aren't maxi skirts THE most comfortable thing ever? If I wear one to church I usually make sure that I have a casual top to match for later so I can wear it the whole day.

    - Jill
    www.thewizardofoddsandends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill! Yes I love my maxi-skirt and only wish I had more! ;) By the way that is a great tip about pairing your skirt with a more casual top to wear after church. I will have to keep that in mind! :)

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit, Sarah! :D I like your pose with the gloves.
    You probably already know my answers to most of the questions because it's stuff I've posted, so I'll answer how my Sunday was. ;) My Sunday was good! I heard an encouraging sermon and got to spend the day resting up from our trip, then went to church again in the evening and came home to chat online with a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige! Haha...yes I do know your answers! I enjoyed your post about how you packed for your trip. Glad to hear you had a relaxing and encouraging Sunday!

      Delete
  5. You look absolutely gorgeous, dear, and those pumps are to die for!
    <3 Layla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Layla! I know I absolutely love my heels...wouldn't mind owning some brown oxfords like the lovely pair you have! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. You look adorable!
    I love those gloves and those SHOES! I would walk around in 1940's clothing all the time (although I've never found any).
    Let me see...Sunday we went to church, ate out with some friends for lunch and my dad had a pre release ministry he teaches at.
    I would love to dress vintage, I'm never quite sure where to start! Any tips on acquiring vintage clothing?
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natasha! Sounds like you had a lovely Sunday! I do like the 1940's especially the pretty, but practical cotton house dresses ladies would wear...oh and the cute hats! Hmmm...tips for vintage clothing...well to be honest I don't own any vintage clothing, just things that look vintage! {I know hard to believe since I am a lover of vintage! But before I lost weight I couldn't fit into the stuff I would find. Hoping that will change!} I would say to keep your eyes open at thrift stores, estate sales{especially if the "estate" belonged to an elderly person since most of the time the things sold are items that they have collected over the years}, and I know Etsy would have a great selection of vintage clothing. They can tend to be a little pricey though. I should do a post about that...thanks for the idea! ;)

      Delete
  7. The shoes.... I LOVE the shoes! :D

    ~Eden @ www.edensevaluations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~