Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liebster Award{Times 2!}

I'm so excited to announce that my blog was nominated for another award...the Liebster Award{not once but twice!}...you probably figured that out though when you read the title of my post! ;) Thank you so much, Grace over at Blessed is She and Abigail over at Sweeter Gets the Journey, for nominating me; be sure to check out their lovely blogs. This award is similar to the Sunshine Award in that it's given to bloggers from other bloggers to help encourage them to keep blogging! It's also a way to get others to check different blogs...great right?!
                                                                    Liebster Award Rules: 
                                                   Acknowledge the blog that nominated you. 
                                         Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger created. 
                          List 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers that deserve some recognition. 
                                                      Write 11 questions for them to answer. 
                                                       Notify them they've been nominated. 
Questions from Grace:
  1. An anonymous someone drops a note on your front porch saying that they will fund a trip to either England, an African Safari, Prince Edward Island, or Italy.  Which do you choose?  Why? Wow talk about a tough question; how do I even choose! I've longed to go to Prince Edward Island ever since I saw Anne of Green Gables; I love the island feel and all the pretty scenery that's there. However I would love to go to England; to be surrounded by so much history just gives me chill bumps! ;)
  2. What is your favorite BBC drama? Another hard question! Let's see... I love just about any Jane Austen or Dickens adaptation. I also love Downton Abbey although I don't agree with everything they show...the costumes and sets are simply breathtaking!
  3.  If you could instantaneously be fluent in one language, which would it be? Probably Spanish although I would love to speak French as it's just so pretty sounding!
  4.  What is your favorite accent? (British, Irish, Scottish, etc.) Wow this is another hard one...can all of the above be an answer! ;) I would also like to have a Australian or New Zealand accent!
  5.  Where would you rather get lost in: a craft store, or a book store? A craft store since I love to craft and I think I would rather get lost in a library then a book store! :)
  6.  What book are you reading now?  Or what was the last book you read? I am currently reading Billy Graham's autobiography, Just As I Am. You can also see which books I've read this year here.
  7.  Favorite singer/band? I don't really have one{I know shocking!} I generally just like certain genres has a whole{e.g. swing, Gospel, hymns, etc}
  8. If you have read the Fairy Tale Novel series by Regina Doman, which book was your favorite? If not, what is your favorite book series? I've never read that series so my favorite is The Chronicles of Narnia.
  9. One thing you'd look for in your Prince Charming? Other then being a strong Christian I would say humor because I love people who can laugh in good{and bad}times!
  10. What famous person would you like to meet? If I could meet some classic Hollywood actors/actresses that would be so neat{Jimmy Stewart, Gene Arthur, Gene Kelly, Grace Kelly, etc} but none of them are alive. :(
  11. You're organizing a get together with friends. Would you choose a picnic or a movie night? A movie night with plenty of popcorn and candy! And if my friends were willing we would watch nothing but classics. ;) 
Questions from Abigail:
  1. What is the last book you read? Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot
  2. Do you have any pets?  If so, what?  If not, what would you like? Nope, no pets. If I could have a pet I would have a Scottish or Jack Russell Terrier. 
  3. What would you do with a billion dollars? After I revived from fainting for receiving such a sum of money I would probably help to pay some debts that my family owns, buy some clothes, and invest it. Of course the very first thing I would do is pray that I would use it wisely.
  4. Do you sing or play any instruments?   If so, what, if not what would you like to learn? I do like to sing but not in front of people unless of course you count singing in my church choir. I used to play the trombone in band and if I could learn to play an instrument it would be the piano and/or guitar.
  5. If you knew you would not be harmed, what risky thing would you try (ie. swimming with sharks, riding a lion, bungee jumping... etc.)? I would go base jumping!
  6. Are you a morning or night person? Most definitely a night owl.
  7. What makes you laugh out loud? Just about anything...seriously...once while camping, the camp site began to flood{due to the torrential rain that was coming down}and for some strange reason I just burst out laughing. Those camping with me probably thought I had gone crazy! I usually laugh at humorous things but also laugh to make a bad situation better. =D
  8. What is something you dislike? Awkward silence and not knowing what to say so it doesn't happen. 
  9. What is something you find amazing every time you see/hear etc. about it? Rainbows, those beautiful colors never cease to amaze me. Every time I think of God's promise in the Bible which of course makes me think of His never-ending mercy and grace to me!
  10. What is your favorite holiday and why? Christmas; I just love that time of year...the carols, the parties, the treats, the family time, and celebrating Christ's birth!
  11. What's your top source of inspiration (for anything, from anything)? I get inspiration for and from various things for instance; I love to get fashion inspiration from old movies and bygone eras, for crafting I love checking out Pinterest, blogs inspire me whether it be with my wardrobe, creativity, or just to live a more beautiful life, but above all I draw inspiration from God's Word. He inspires me through His Word to serve and love Him more which then touches all areas of my life.
My Questions:
  1. Which vacation would you prefer; in the mountains or at the beach?
  2. What is your dream car?
  3. If you had a choice between ice cream or cake; which would you choose?
  4. What's your favorite Jane Austen novel? If you've never read an Austen novel what's the last book you read?
  5. How do you like to drink your tea{hot, with cream n' sugar, cold with lemon, etc.}?
  6. Are you a cat or dog person or both?
  7. When you have some free time you...?
  8. Favorite type of food{Italian, Mexican, Chinese, etc.}?
  9. Do you have any siblings; how many?
10. What is one of your most memorable/favorite vacations?
11. If you could get paid to do your favorite thing what would that be?

My Nominations{Okay so there's not 11 but just overlook that! ;) }:
 Paige at Sunday Best and All the Rest
 Natasha at Natasha Atkerson-A Modest Fashion Blog
 Ireland at Ireland Rhea
 Iris at Feminine Modesty
 Ashley at Like No Other Fashion

Hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me. If I nominated you and you're going to participate be sure to leave a comment to let me know. Also make sure you check out these great blogs!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~



12 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations on your awards! i really, really enjoyed reading the questions and answers. they were all so interesting and made me smile.
    have a great day!
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Abigail! Glad I could put a smile on your face! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me Sarah! I would love to participate. :)
    It was really fun to read your answers! I can completely relate to the awkward silence thing. Also, what is base jumping? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Paige! Base jumping is basically jumping off of tall things{bridges, cliffs, building, etc.} You free fall till a certain point when you open up your parachute and hopefully don't splat into the ground! ;)

      Delete
    2. Hah, okay! Sounds exciting, but too scary for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your answers! A movie night only watching classics would be amazing! If any of my friends ever did that I'd quote Louisa von Trapp and ask, "Can we do this every day?" And the answer about getting lost in a craft store and a library...totally relate to that. I work at both. Love, love, love my jobs! So blessed that God provided them when I moved last summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed reading it, Jill! That's exciting you get to work at both a library and craft store!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me! This is such a great honor! So...all I have to do is fill out these questions and post them on my blog?

    Ashley B.
    Like No Other Fashion
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Ashley! You need to answer my questions and create 11 of your own, then nominate others to receive the reward. Oh and you should copy the rules from my post to add to yours. That way those you've nominated will know what to do. :) Look forward to seeing your post! :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH, Sarah!! I'm doing the questions now :) BTW, do I just add the award to my post and list the bloggers I nominate at the bottom? Or is there somewhere else I have to put them?

    Ireland

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WgjN8I0xuAU/U1cGMKNbY2I/AAAAAAAABQI/48aEy9lC_Qg/s1600/LiebsterAward.png

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!!! Yes you can put the award pic anywhere on your post then be sure to list those you've nominated at the bottom of your post. You could even put the award pic. on the side of your blog with a link to your original post if you wanted to! There's no set rule about that. I'm looking forward to seeing your post! =D

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~