Thursday, April 17, 2014

I ♥ Thursday{no. 7}

I haven't done one of these posts lately and I sure have been loving a lot lately! ;)

Spring time...the weather{not too hot, not too cold}, the flowers, the green trees, seeing the hummingbirds, hearing the pretty tunes coming from the birds, the sunshine, and even the rain! Both of these photos were taken on one of those many rainy spring days. Doesn't everything look so pretty and green...a little muddy perhaps, but still pretty! The picture on the bottom is of our Dogwood tree from the kitchen window. 
Little House on the Prairie...I had seen a few episodes before, but just recently started to watch the first season. It is such a great show and I only wish there were more family friendly shows like it.
My GAP denim jacket...thrifted from Goodwill; it's the perfect piece for my spring wardrobe. I had been wanting one for a while and my mom spotted it on one of our many Goodwill trips. Thanks Momma! :)
This card... I discovered it on Pinterest and it's just so cute! Now I can't wait to make one to give to someone on their 25th birthday! By the way for something to be vintage it has to be at least 25 years old{or maybe it's 20?} Hmmm... ;)
This great article, Life is Too Short to Wear Frumpy Clothes, discovered over on Edelweiss Patterns. Love the blog too!
Letters...I've been writing and receiving quite a few letters lately! How happy I am when I get a letter in the mail! I hope the joy is felt by others when receiving one of my letters in return. I do love technology and being able to communicate with friends and family instantly, but nothing can beat a could old-fashion letter.

So what have you been loving this week? 
Like to watch Little House on the Prairie? 
Do you like to write letters? 
Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~










13 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures. i like Little House on the Prarie, too. My sisters and i used to watch it a lot more, and honestly because it was sort of long, when i was younger i thought it was a little boring. But i agree. there should be more great shows like that. They just don't make them that way anymore, so wholesome. Ma is gentle but fun and Pa is strong and sweet and has a tender spirit. It's so refreshing how, in todays day and age, on every commercial and show the men are made to look stupid. but Pa is a leader and caring and sometimes has to go somewhere and cry a little.
    so glad we have something like that to watch and enjoy :)
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! i love the one through the window.
    its nice to have programs like Little House. Ma is sweet but fun and Pa is a great father figure. While other programs and even commercials portray men as the dumb ones and tear them down, Pa is gentle and a leader, takes care and is lots of fun, yet is sensitive and sometimes has to go and cry a little. Wonderful show.
    ~Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abigail! I agree with everything you said. One thing I love about Little House is that Pa is such a great father figure; he works hard to provide and car for his family. I also love how the entire family works together. Each one of them are always doing things for each other in a selfless and loving way! It is a wonderful show and just finished watching the first season! Looking forward to seeing season two! ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos of the rainy outdoors! We're having rain this afternoon, and I'm currently loving that! We'll see how long it stays. ;)
    We watched all but one season of Little House. The first few seasons are the best; they are so fun!
    I too enjoy writing letters but don't write terribly often.
    What am I loving this week? Today's rain, a batch of brownies I made using dark choc chips (a new thing for me), and finally having a closet full of clothes I really like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! Rain, brownies, and wardrobe full of clothes you love...that's sounds awesome! What could be better than that?! =D I'm hoping to be able to see all the seasons of Little House, right now I'm borrowing from my cousin and she only has season 1 and 2. Just checked my library and they only have season 1...might just have to purchase them! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love watching Little House on the Prairie, and I love reading books of yesteryear is well as recent books set in days of old. Unlike other books too, but I really love books set in the 60s and 50s. Even the 70s. I also love Beverly Lewis novels.
    As of this minute, I am your newest follower, and I feel blessed that I was led to your blog.
    Deb@ http://debioneille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Debi! So thankful who were lead to my blog too...so great to know there are others who share my joy for "old" books! =D

      Delete
  5. Hi Sarah, I'm glad I found your blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know you through it in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following! I too am looking forward to getting to know you through your blog! :)

      Delete
  6. I really like this format!! Your pictures are lovely, especially the envelopes. The different textures of the envelopes are so pretty! I used to have a very small stamp collection. Just American stamps from all my parent's junk mail. Needless to say, now that they can print a stamp right on to an envelope that hobby is long gone. Your rose stationery is beautiful too!

    -Jill
    Www.thewizardofoddsandends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for checking out my blog, Sarah! I'm looking forward to reading yours too! xoxo

    Ireland

    http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my blog and following! ;) I look forward to reading your blog too!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~