Sunday, March 23, 2014

What I Wore~ Sunday Style{Vintage Inspired}

Here's what I wore several Sundays back when the weather was still kinda' chilly. Except for the shoes and tights this entire outfit was "thrifted" from Goodwill!

Looking at this photo I wish I had added a necklace...more than likely I was running late{which happens quite frequently} and didn't have time to select and put on the right one! ;)
A simple and slightly messy up do. It's no easy task for me to get my hair back in a bun so I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!
Long sleeve shirt:  thrifted; $2.00
Cardigan: thrifted; $4.00
Skirt: Ralph Lauren{via Goodwill}; $5.00
Tights: gift; free
Wedges: American Eagle{via Payless}; ???{I bought these so long ago I'm not sure how much they were!;)}
Pearl earrings: Claire's; ???{same story}

I absolutely love this cardigan with it's big houndstooth check pattern and big collar! The pattern, collar, and even the big buttons are very reminiscent of the early 60's. It reminds me of the stylish ladies coats and suits from that era. My skirt{kinda'} makes me think of the fuller skirts worn in the 1950's...I even wore a vintage slip which helped the skirt to stand out a bit more.
The top pictures show the big collars{usually trimmed in fur} which were very stylish then and{in my opinion}still are! The two pictures below are of the tailored yet feminine suits from that era; the one on the right is a suit in houndstooth check. I'm hoping to get another outfit post up featuring this same cardigan, except the outfit has a 1930's look to it; stay tuned for it! How about you; do you like to dress in vintage inspired outfits? Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

Linked up to...


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace! Love your post for today!

      Delete
  2. This is very cute! I especially love the cardigan. I can't believe everything was thrifted! That's awesome. :) :)
    ~Sarah
    cutecombinations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah; I've been enjoying looking at your pretty outfit combinations! Please be sure to follow my blog to help me reach my goal of 30 followers this year...I would greatly appreciate it! :)

      Delete
  3. Great outfit, Sarah! That cardigan is adorable! :D It definitely looks 60's and it reminds me of the plaid jacket Mom and I recently got - it's part of one of my 60's how-to outfits, in fact. Great minds think alike? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paige! Haha; yes I guess we great minds do think alike! ;) I loved all of your 60's inspired outfits they brought out all the best parts of the 1960's style!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comment, Sarah! That's awesome! My mom subscribes to Above Rubies, I love the magazine! I have another blogging friend who is currently down in TN (creationbycallie.com/blog) sounds like a wonderful ministry opportunity.
    What's your favorite THM recipe?
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natasha! Thank you so much for following my blog and leaving a comment! Yes I know Callie although we've never met face to face...talked on the phone with her and are FB friends. ;) Hmmm...my favorite recipe...that's a hard question! I love the skinny chocolate and I could eat cottage berry whip every day! I also love the cheeseburger casserole and homemade sour dough bread! I could go on but will stop here! ;)

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~