Saturday, March 8, 2014

Sunshine Award Winner!

Thank you so much Paige of Sunday Best and All the Rest for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! If you haven't seen Paige's lovely blog be sure to check it out! First I will answer the questions asked by Paige and then I will nominate a few blogs that I follow and enjoy.

1) What is your favorite thing to bake?
Hmm...to be honest I haven't done much baking. I'm hoping to change that! ;)

2) What is one of your favorite colors?
Pink! I've loved the color pink for as long as I can remember. It's just so feminine and cheerful!

3) Do you own any pets?
No. I've only had one pet, a cute little rescue dog named Scotty! I loved him and miss him dearly. To add to that question my siblings and I have had several pets that were ours like; fish, cats, and dogs. My oldest{older} brother also had a pet snake, an iguana, a chameleon, and a gecko. 

4) What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?
Reading a good book, watching an old movie{or movies}, blogging, and spending time with family and friends.

5) What is your favorite scripture to turn to when you need encouragement?
Isaiah 40:13, "For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not; I will help thee." I also love Jeremiah 29:11 and Romans 8:28. 

6) Do you wear jewelry the majority or minority of the time?
It's sort of a tie. When I go out{to church, shopping, parties, etc.} I wear jewelry, but when I'm home{and will be all day} I don't wear jewelry.

7) What is your favorite style of casual shoe {whatever casual means to you :) }?
 Flats in the fall/winter and flip flops in the spring/summer.

8) Dress shoe?
My black saddle oxfords and wedges.

9) What is your favorite thing about winter?
The snow...that is if we{the South} get any! 

10) What is your favorite season?
I can't pick between the fall and spring, so both. ;)

11) Why did you decide to start blogging?
To meet other like minded Christian ladies. I left public school to home school and wanted to become friends with ladies who shared similar beliefs and interests. I thought blogging would be a great way to do so...and it is!

And here are the blogs that I've nominated:

Layla and Hagen at Two Blessed Damsels
Natasha at Day by Day
Grace at Blessed is She

If I've nominated you and you are going to participate, here are the rules and my questions:


  • Copy and paste image above{which I created} or create your own.
  • Answer the following questions.
  • Nominate your own bloggers {as many as you choose}.
  • Let your nominees know.
  • Put together 11 questions to ask them.
  • Publish your post!


1) Polka dots or stripes?
2) What is one of your favorite black and white movies?
3) Are you a night owl or early bird?
4) What is your favorite book of the Bible?
5) If you could travel anywhere in the world{no expense spared} where would it be?
6) Do you own any vintage clothing?
7) What is your favorite item(s) of clothing from your wardrobe?
8) Do you prefer coffee or hot tea?
9) What book could you read over and over again?
10) What is your favorite time in history and why?
11) When did you become a Christian?

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this Sarah! It was fun to learn more about you. :) I really like the verses you chose! I also relate to your jewelry answer, but have so many beautiful pieces I have sometimes have to remind myself to wear it no matter what I'm doing! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! And as you can see it took me awhile to finally get the post finished and up on my blog! I'm so glad you enjoyed the post; thank you so much for nominating me! It was a lot of fun to answer the questions and then make up my own!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~