Monday, March 10, 2014

Glimpse Of Spring~ A Poem

Hello there dear readers! Here in the south we have been experiencing a few warm spring like days, in fact the daffodils and crocuses are blooming in our garden! While enjoying the lovely weather I was inspired to write this poem. I like to write poems that rhyme and usually find it hard to write poems that don't. ;) However these one doesn't rhyme, so without further ado here it is:

Oh, how wonderful...
To feel the warm sun shine and see the peaceful blue sky;
Watching as little wisps of clouds float by.
To hear the birds chirp their happy little songs,
Heralding in the spring season to come.
To see the strong gusts of wind blow the trees to and fro,
Looking as if they were dancing and rejoicing because of the hint of spring like air.
To smell the daffodils so bright and yellow, as they poke their little heads up, 
Stretching, growing, trying their best to get closer to the sun.
However this is just a glimpse for tomorrow may bring back,
The cold, the grey, the clouds of stubborn winter bound to stay.
But oh how wonderful...
To know that soon this little glimpse of spring will be a glimpse no more,
and winter will seem so very far away!

Well now that I look at my poem typed out{instead of scribbled in my notebook} I see that some lines do rhyme. I guess I just can't help it! 
Here's a pretty crocus from the garden.

What's the weather like where you live? Do you like to write poetry? Please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~





2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely poem, Sarah! :) The mention of the daffodils is fun; they are my favorite flower! I like the picture of the pretty little crocus too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! I love daffodils too, but I think hydrangeas are my favorite flower! Although I love so many of them!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~