Tuesday, February 25, 2014

What I Wore~ Valentine's Day

Hello there! Well I finally have a chance to get these Valentine's photos up! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day; that morning I was delightfully surprised to find our dinning room table decorated for the special day... my mom did it while I was sleeping. ;) Vintage postcards, red tulle, hearts, and cupid candle holders adorned the table which made for a very pretty and romantic table setting! 
I made some heart shape chocolates; some filled with peanut butter...yum!
My mom and I had to run into town and while shopping it wasn't an uncommon sight to see men carrying balloons, flowers, stuffed animals, and chocolates! It was sort of funny seeing some of those big men carrying pink and purple stuffed animals! :) Anyway here's what I wore for the special day to celebrate love...
You can still see some of the snow{mentioned in this post} in the background!
If you're wondering what's up with these shots...my mom and I were messing around with the "continuous shooting" setting on the camera; I thought I would try jumping up and down to see how well it worked. Haha, I think I might need a little more practice with taking a good photo while jumping! ;)
This was another one taking with that setting. 
I wanted a close up shot so you could see my Eiffel Tower earrings; want could be better for Valentine's Day than wearing the famous landmark from the "City of Love"?!
And here is another Eiffel Tower and a heart charm! The bracelet was made by a friend and given to me at Christmas a few years ago.
It was so much taking these photos and I even got my mom to pose for the camera...she doesn't like having her picture taken! Don't you just love her scarf?! Not only are the colors fitting for Valentine's day but it also happens to be a Valentino;) scarf she bought on a trip to D.C. My mom owns dozens of scarfs and has collected them for years...love them all! Love my mom and her elegant style!


Floral print jeans: Goodwill; $3.00
Black skirt: from a friend; free
Floral print blouse: Burke's Outlet; $9.00
Red cardigan:Gable and Gauge(via Goodwill); $2.00
Black flats: Wal Mart; $5.00
Eiffel Tower earrings: Claire's; ???
Charm bracelet: gift; free

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."    ~Matthew 22:36-39~

What did you do for Valentine's Day... eat chocolate, wear read and pink, watch old romance movies? Please leave you comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~





















6 comments:

  1. You and your mom look cute and Valentiney Sarah! :D And those chocolates look just plain "Yum!".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige! I'll be sure to tell my mom! ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this outfit, Sarah! So feminine and Valentine-y! Are your ears pierced, or are those clip-ons? And those chocolates look SO good... i have a small chocolate addiction ;) I love your fashion posts!
    Love,
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Layla! No my ears aren't pierced they are clip-ons. I bought these plus a whole bunch more several years ago but got out of wearing my earrings. So I'm trying to start wearing them again; so glad you enjoy the outfit posts! And yes I have small chocolate addiction myself! ;)
      Love,
      Sarah

      Delete
  3. I like the modest way you wear your jeans. I have only just started to wear pants and have been worried about modesty issues

    Take care

    Rebecca

    Http://rebeccatriestrousers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I used to wear jeans all the time and never gave them much thought. When I left public school I decided to just wear skirts and dresses; I have just started to wear jeans again. It can be a challenge sometimes wearing jeans and still being modest, but it's a challenge that I enjoy taking! Another way I like to wear these jeans is with a dress, which a friend gave me, but is too short to wear alone. I will be putting some outfit pictures of it up soon{I hope} so please stay tuned. I hope my blog will encourage you and help with how to wear pants modestly!
      In Christ,
      ~Sarah~

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~