Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Fruit of Her Hands

Well today is a red letter day for my mom and me...why you may ask...because we opened an online store! Yippee! This is something that we have wanted to do for a long time. My mom and I decided at the beginning of this year we should try to make some money on all the stuff that she and I{mostly her} have been collecting throughout the years. Well today while waiting out the bad weather that we've been getting here in the south I finally got our store, The Fruit of Her Hands, open and running! The name is taken from Proverbs 31:16, "She considereth a field and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard." We will be selling vintage finds and handmade items from cards to pillows...and I guess anything else we decide to create! There is still a lot that has to be done to get it all polished up, but we both wanted to go ahead and open the store anyway.
It has been a lot of fun taking the photos for the store and working on all the technical stuff. Although that has been pretty easy since we are using the website, Storenvy, which is kind of like Etsy. So please check it out! Buy a few things! We are selling some lovely vintage brooches, bed jackets, and a cute wallet made in Korea.
"Black is Best"
"A Dazzling Eyeful"
Two of the stunning vintage brooches we are selling. The names for the brooches were inspired by one of our favorite musicals, Singing in the Rain!

You would look great in this lovely little bed jacket, "A Patch of Blue"!
The pretty little wallet, "Dreaming of the Orient", was made in Korea; must have been made before there was a North and South Korea.


So want kind of projects have you been up to? Let me know what you think of the store?

Love in Christ,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting me the other day....your blog is lovely. Love your vintage goods...I will go visit your store. Wishing you the best of luck with it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Koralee! Your blog is so adorable and it means a lot to have you say mine is lovely! Hope you enjoy the store...both my mom and I appreciate you checking it out!

      Delete
  2. It's so neat that you and your Mom opened a store! :)
    I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. You can see details on my blog if you want to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool...thanks so much Paige! I'll be sure to head over to your blog to see what it's all about!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~