Thursday, February 6, 2014

Getting to Know Me...and You!

Hello there! I thought since I have some new readers I would write a post{also created a page} so you could get to know me a little better. I am a twenty year old young lady who is a grateful sinner to my loving Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm a home school graduate, but spent most of my school years in public school{GASP!} with two years at a private Christian school. So yes I have experienced them all! I have to say I enjoyed my very few years of homeschooling. I am the youngest of four, two brothers and a sister, but I am the only one still living at home. Home is located in the northern part of Georgia; that's right I'm a Southern gal and have lived in this area all my life. However I did live in Tennessee for almost a year while volunteering with the amazing ministry of Above Rubies. I am the proud aunt to one niece and two nephews! I am the youngest of twelve grandchildren on my mom's side{of the family} and second youngest of five on my dad's. I love my crazy, big family and am blessed to have them all live close by.  {Photo by the incredible Rashida of Rashida La'el Photography}

When thinking of a title for my blog I chose, "All Things Vintage" because I thought it would truly reflect who I am. I not only love vintage clothing, cars, and decor; but also adore classic black and white movies, colorful musicals, books written before the 1960's{mostly}, and just the way of life from those bygone eras. My favorite periods in history{mostly fashion wise} are the 1910's, 30's, and 50's.



Other things that I love are traveling especially road trips; actually that's the only way I have traveled from point A to point B. No I have never been on a{big jet} plan, which is something one day I hope to do! That being said I have flown in a little private plan from my town's local airport when I was probably six...but now I am getting side tracked! I've never left the country; I have been 60 miles from Cuba though when I traveled down to Key West for a family vacation. Also I have been just miles away from the Canadian border when visiting relatives in Minnesota. Someday I hope to travel to far away lands like England, Ireland, France{especially Paris}, Scotland, Canada{so that's not really that far}, Israel, Australia, and New Zealand. Of course I would be more than happy to travel to any country that God gives me opportunity to see! I love drinking hot tea{black, green, and herbal teas} and do so almost every morning with the exception of an occasional cup of coffee. In fact while writing this I just finished a lovely hot cup of Earl Grey with plenty of sugar{stevia} and cream. I enjoy photography, mostly nature and inanimate objects being my forte{people not so much}. I love doing lots of creative things from crafting with paper to decorating cakes, from drawing to cross stitches. I've never considered myself a musical person but would love to learn to play the piano or guitar or both. I did play the trombone, yes that great big brass instrument with the long pull-y thingy{maybe it's called a slider}, in my 6th and 7th grade year of middle school. I like to write; poems, in my journal, letters you get the idea, but don't do it enough.

Most importantly though I love Jesus Christ, my rock, my strength, my shelter in the storms, my comforter, my hope, my source of joy, my healer, and my redeemer. If you have made it to this sentence I once again want to say thank you for reading all of this. I hope you enjoy my little corner of the blog world and are encouraged and blessed by my blog!

{Love this image; I think it really depicts how Christ is my hope and my salvation...how in the storms of my life He is the one I cling too!}

Would love to hear some more about you, please leave your comments below!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this! :) I've been considering putting an "About Me" page on my blog too, and now I feel encouraged to do that *sometime* soon. By the way, that's a lovely photo of you!
    It's so neat that you want to travel! Those all sound like exciting places. You have me beat as far as planes go...I've never been in any kind. O.o Also, it's fun that you enjoy tea so much! Not many young people do.
    Well, here's my life in a nutshell: I'm a homeschool graduate, but I was homeschooled all the way through school. I live on the Pacific coast with my parents and dog. I have artistic hobbies, and earn money by illustrating children's' books for a lady, teaching kids art classes and cleaning house for an older lady with my mom. Also, I'm pretty quiet and reserved, so most people don't know how much of a goofball I really am. ;) My #1 aim in life is to serve my Savior who loves me, and I like to encourage others to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you enjoyed it! I was just telling my mom how special it is when someone leaves a comment on my blog. Because when you think about how many blogs are out there and that someone took the time to read your post and then leave a comment...it just makes me smile! I think it would be great for you to create an "About Me" page or do a post; I would love to read it! Thank you for the compliment, that photo was taking in Florida during the time I volunteering with Above Rubies. I had the privilege of going on vacation with the entire Campbell family. I do love to travel and hope to visit the Pacific coast someday...would be neat to meet each other in person! That's so neat you illustrate children's books. What are the titles; is there anyway I can look them up? I would love to see your illustrations! I am sort of the same way...quiet until I get to know someone then I'm a goofball myself! So glad I have met you and keep up the great work of encouraging others to serve Jesus...because what could be better than that?!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to meet you too. It's been fun commenting back and forth on our blogs. :) Speaking of which, can you see my latest post on the 30's? For some reason not a lot of people are looking at it, so I think there might be a problem.
      Also, what exactly is Above Rubies?

      Delete
    3. It's been so fun chatting back and forth through our blogs! I feel as Anne Shirley would say that we are kindred spirits. Oh yes I most definitely will look at your post as the 30's is one of my favorite fashion periods! Hopefully there are no problems viewing it; but don't get discouraged about it! It might take some time but I'm sure your blog will "grow" and you will have a whole slew of girls looking at it! Oh Above Rubies...so glad you asked! It's an awesome ministry and free magazine that is all about encouraging women in their high calling as a wives, mothers, and women of God! It also encourages the blessings of children, homeschooling, and family life in general. There is so much more I could say but instead check out the website and if you are interested you should sign up to receive the magazine. I'm sure you and your family would be blessed by it. Here's the link http://aboverubies.org/index.php just copy and paste it in your web browser. You can also call them at 877-729-9861 Mon thru Fri 9am-4pm CT. If you do happen to call or sign up online be sure to let them know that Sarah(Above Rubies girl) sent you to them! ;)

      Delete
    4. Haha, yes, "kindred sprits"! :) By the way, to answer your previous question (oops, sorry I didn't before :P), I don't have any published illustrations yet. The author that I draw for is working on finding a publisher now. :)
      Thanks for explaining Above Rubies and giving me the information! It looks like a wonderful ministry!

      Delete
    5. That's alright! Well I hope she will be able to find one soon and you are very welcome!

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~