Monday, February 3, 2014

All Covered with Snow

Last week we here in the south experienced something which was quite a miracle...SNOW! It snowed at least two inches which for the south is a pretty big deal. The snow lasted for about five days which is also quite rare. Now that the last traces of snow are gone I thought I would post a few(actually a lot) of photos I took. Because of course I couldn't resist getting out in it! Thanks mom for letting me use your camera!
{I ask that you would please not copy these images as your own. If you do use one on your blog or website I would greatly appreciate it if you would  post a link to this post as your source for the photos; thank you!
 A room with a view...

 Bamboo and snow...what a interesting combination!

 Around the neighborhood; I love this one of a near by church!
My mom gave me the idea for the photo's title, "Lantern Waste" and if you're familiar with Narnia you will know why.
How about some fresh...er...frozen lavender?!

When my siblings and I were little this was our favorite climbing tree.
 Love all the texture in this photo.

Our neighbor's recently cut down their magnolia tree but I still got a picture of it with the snow on it. ;)


 Not even the little birds were spared from the snow!

 All in a row...
I wonder if "The Garden Cafe" is still open?
Seeing all the snow reminded me of this powerful verse,

"...though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

Well I hope you enjoyed all the photos! What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~



















6 comments:

  1. What lovely pictures! :) It must be fun to see something so out of the ordinary. The weather here is clear and cold, though I daresay it's warm compared to other parts of the country. ;)
    By the way, that's a great, fitting verse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paige! You are always so sweet to leave comments and it really warms my heart to read them! Yes, it's so great to see snow which you are exactly right about it being out of the ordinary. Glad to hear the weather is nice there...do you like the cold?

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Your comments make me happy too! :) I think one good thing about having a blog that doesn't have many followers yet (yet!) is that it's easier to make friends and communicate.
      Well, I like being cold more than being warm! There's something so cozy about having a hot drink inside when it's cool out.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't agree with you more on both points; it's easier to stay connected with those following your blog when there are just a few(although won't mind having more) and I much prefer the cold over the heat!

      Delete
  2. Bamboo in snow? How interesting! It is cold and clear here this morning with some snow flurries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when I think of bamboo I sure don't picture snow with it! How about you; do you like the cold and the snow?

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~