Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What I Wore~ Butterfly Shirt

Hello everyone just wanted to show you some pics. of an outfit I wore the other day which was inspired by some pins I discovered on Pinterest. Here are the inspirations pins:

And here is my actual outfit:


Sorry the photos aren't the greatest but it was a little to cold to go outside with just my short sleeves on! The first picture was the one that gave me the idea to put a t-shirt with my green skirt{that I've had hanging in my closet for ages.} It's a simple outfit but I'm so thankful I figured at least one way to wear this skirt! That's one reason I love Pinterest for the outfit inspirations it gives me. How about you...do you look at Pinterest for outfit ideas?
I put together this collage to show the details of the outfit like the texture of this skirt, it's crinkled fabric reminds me of fabric used during the 1920's{perhaps I should do a 20's inspired outfit with it?} The little brass beads at the end of the ties add a neat little touch. Then I added this brown, white, and wooden bead bracelet to bring more brown into the outfit and add some more texture.

Butterfly Shirt: thrifted from Goodwill, $2.00
Green Skirt: from a friend, free
Black Boots: Wal-Mart, $20.00
Bracelet: gift, free
Silver Ring: Christmas gift from my sweet sister, free 
So the total for the outfit is $22.00 and that's because of the shoes; I have definitely got more than $20.00 worth out of them too!

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty outfit, Sarah! :) I think that t-shirts look nice with maxi skirts for a casual outfit.
    I don't actually look at Pinterest that much, and don't have my own account, but it looks like there's a lot of great stuff to be found there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paige! I agree maxi skirts plus t-shirt equals a cute and casual outfit! Yes there is tons of inspiration on Pinterest from fashion to crafting! I love it!

      Delete
  2. What a cute outfit, Sarah. I love how casual yet put together you look! It's great that you are posting an outfit, because I was going to request one from you ;) Keep them coming!
    Love from,
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Layla! I think I'm fairly good at putting together casual outfits; now when it comes to more dresser occasions, that's when I struggle. And I will try to keep the outfit posts up! ;)

      Love,
      Sarah

      Delete

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~