Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Shall We Dance"

Hello there! Hope your new year has been off to a lovely start. I have been very busy babysitting although on the weekends(my down time) I usually enjoy watching a movie or two(or three)! One such movie was Shall We Dance(1937) featuring Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers. This is one of the last that this incredible dancing duo filmed together. I loved the movie and can't wait to see more of them! Unfortunately my local library doesn't carry anymore of their movies. :(
The movie is about the budding romance between world renowned ballet dancer, Petrov(Astaire) and a tap dancer, Linda Keen(Rodgers). Things start getting complicated for the two when rumors start to spread that they are already married!
I absolutely loved this movie; the fashion, the singing/songs(especially the song Let's Call the Whole Thing Off), and of course the dancing! In fact one of the dance numbers is done completely on skates!

See video clip here.

It is such a sweet and lighthearted movie with plenty of funny scenes especially after the rumors start to fly about the couples "secret" marriage.
I hope you have a chance to see this film. Let me know if you do!

Have you seen any new(to you) movies lately?
 Please leave a comment below!

Love In Christ,
~Sarah~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~