Monday, August 22, 2011

The Queen

Hello again dear readers! I'm writing this post while at the library. My mother has just found the movie, The Young Victoria and I can't wait to go home and watch it. The movie is about the courtship and early reign of England's longest serving monarch, Queen Victoria. I'll let you know how it is. I would love to learn more about Queen Victoria. I don't know if she was a Christian, but I believe she was a very wise{and a bit abrupt}woman when she said this:
"I am most anxious to enlist everyone who can speak or write to join in checking this mad, wicked folly of 'Women's Rights', with all its attendant horrors, on which her poor feeble sex is bent, forgetting every sense of womanly feelings and propriety. Feminists ought to get a good whipping. Were woman to 'unsex' themselves by claiming equality with men, they would become the most hateful, heathen and disgusting of beings and would surely perish without male protection." -1870

Love in Christ,
~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Please leave a comment because I love to hear from my readers. I do read every comment but might not respond right away.

Please, no spam. Also, if you have something mean to say, don't say it at all. Just keep it to yourself. Please think of others before you comment anything hurtful. Thank you!

In Christ,
~Sarah~